Normannia

The Normannia was built in 1952 as a passenger ship for the Southampton - Le Havre service and converted to a stern loading car ferry for the Dover - Boulogne run in 1964. 

1/1

On 9 July 1965 she opened the new car ferry link between Holyhead and Dun Laoghaire pending the late arrival of the new Holyhead Ferry 1 from her builders. The Normannia was released on 19 July when she returned to the English Channel and there she continued to operated until 1978 when she was sold for scrap

Normannia

Built:

 

IMO No.

Deadweight

Draught:

Class:

LOA:

Beam:

Depth:

Capacity:



 

Access:

Wm Denny, Dumbarton, Scotland. 1952
.

.

.

Lloyd's +100A1

94.24 metres

14.69 metres

 

500 passengers

111 cars

 

Stern

1/1

1/1
A look around

A look around

© Derek Longly

Engine room

Engine room

© Derek Longly

Bar

Bar

© Derek Longly

Side lounge

Side lounge

© Derek Longly

Car deck

Car deck

© Derek Longly

Car deck

Car deck

© Derek Longly